History & Service Area
Dr. Michael Iversen founded Stoughton Surgical Hospital in 1904. Dr. Iversen believed more personalized care could be provided in a smaller hospital. Over a century later, this philosophy is unchanged.
We have invested in several improvements and expansions to ensure that the highest-quality services and equipment are available to you, close to home, including:
- 2000: A $6 million renovation that replaced the intensive care and medical/surgical inpatient units with private patient rooms equipped for state-of-the-art care.
- 2007: A $3 million medical imaging addition which houses a fixed MRI and other imaging services including a Women’s Diagnostic Center that offers mammography, bone densitometry and stereotactic breast core biopsy services.
- 2010: remodel lower level for new kitchen/cafeteria with expanded dining hours and conference center (Bryant Health Education Center) with state-of- the-art audiovisual technology for community education and employee meetings.
- 2015: Parking lot improvement project which provided additional parking spaces, safer environment and improved look to the entire campus
- 2016 to 2017: 15,000 square feet new space expansion and 20,000 square feet renovation of Emergency, Urgent Care, Lab, Day Surgery, Registration and Ambulatory Infusion Center
- 2019: Renovated Medical Imaging Department, increased square footage and upgraded technology.
On May 11th, 2017 the community joined us to celebrate the opening of a New Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Private Registration, Lab, Day Surgery and more!
Stoughton Health delivers comprehensive healthcare to the communities of Brooklyn, Cambridge, Cottage Grove, Deerfield, Edgerton, Evansville, McFarland, Oregon, Stoughton and surrounding areas.