Body Composition Analysis
Body Composition Analysis allows us to move beyond the single number on the scale and understand our body composition in detail. We can analyze percentage of body fat, skeletal mass, lean muscle mass, hydration levels and more in under two minutes.
What is Body Composition Analysis?
• Lean body mass (LBM) – a percentage of the ideal in each limb and in the trunk
• The level of extracellular and intracellular water in the body
• Basal metabolic rate (BMR) – calories the body burns per day without movement
• Measure your progress with a baseline analysis and follow up visits
• Develop a plan based on your needs with your nutritionist, personal fitness coach
• Improve athletic performance
• Understand risks for long-term health complications and how to lessen those
How to Prepare for Body Composition Analysis
• Avoid exercise two hours prior to the reading
• Avoid caffeine two hours prior to the reading
• Avoid alcohol 12 hours prior to the reading
• It is best to wear pants, tracksuit bottoms or leggings for the reading
Before the Test is Conducted
• Remove any jewelry
• Remove your socks or stockings
• Empty your bladder just prior to the test
It is best to do repeat tests at the same time of day, under similar conditions (activity levels, food and fluid intake) and a minimum of one month apart. You will be provided with a report to take home and progress graphs when you have multiple visits.
Single visit – $40
Three visits – $75
12 visits – $125
To schedule your 10 minute appointment, please call Stoughton Hospital Health & Wellness Screenings at (608) 873-2203.
**PLEASE NOTE**: SOZO Body Composition Analysis is not suitable for patients with active implanted medical devices e.g., cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators or life support devices. SOZO has also not been validated for use in pregnant women; therefore we will not be performing tests on those who are (or may be) pregnant.
Heart Disease Screening
Calcium scoring is a new heart disease screening offered at Stoughton Hospital. It is a useful way to detect signs of heart disease while there’s still time to stop it. This simple screening can detect years of plaque build-up in as little as 15 minutes.
You will be notified of the results within one week and if necessary, your doctor may recommend a plan to help you reduce your risk of experiencing a future heart attack.
Who Benefits Most?
In general, if you’re a man over 30 or a woman over 40—or if you have any of the following risk factors—you should consider having a heart calcium scoring:
• high cholesterol levels
• family history of heart disease
• high blood pressure
• cigarette smoking
• overweight or obese
• physically inactive
Schedule Your Screening
A doctor’s order is required. Please contact your physician’s office and request a screening be ordered for you.
The cost of the screening is $75 and payment is due at your appointment. To schedule, please call Stoughton Hospital Medical Imaging at (608) 873-2299.